edited on 19/June/2005
Gollum 1.1 is a theme for WordPress version 1.2. A newer version of the theme, made for WordPress 1.5 will arrive in July 2005.
You can download the Gollum style for WordPress on my downloads section. Hope you like it. Feel free to send any feedback about it.
If you want more information about the style
Style for WordPress
Demo: this website you�re looking at!
How to install it?
- Make a copy of your “index.php” , “wp-comments.php” and “wp-blog-header.php” files;
- Extract the files from “vitorazevedo.com_gollum.zip” and upload them to your WordPress directory;
- Type www.yourwebsite.com/gollum.php to see it and that�s all!
- note: you can rename “gollum.php” file to “index.php” and have access to the also styled Gollum Comments page
If you use this style, hate it, love it or just stolen some code from it send an email to the author (me!).
About the Style
- Two column layout
- CSS-Driven Drop-Down Menu
- Search with Google after no results of site search
- Clean and simple
- Nice post options buttons
- LiveSearch (thanks to BitFlux and Michael )
- Dropdown Archives
- Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional (except for the “autocomplete=off” from the livesearch)
New on version 1.1:
You might want to change the menu. To do that, edit the �index.php� file. Go to line 39 and change the name of the menus and its hyperlinks. To edit the style (colors, etc) go to the �style.css� file.
The style was tested with Internet Explorer 6 and Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3. It works ok on both.
Where are the �.PDF�, �Email� and �Print� buttons?
These buttons were not included because you need to install plugins on your WordPress to access these options.
How does the drop-down menu works?
Modern browsers already support the simple code that allows show/hide an unordered list. For Internet Explorer (a �non-modern� browser) I had to include a behaviour on the �style.css� file:
behavior: url(csshover.htc);} /* WinIE behavior call */
For more info about it check http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/csshover.html.
I used information learned from:
- �CSS Cookbook� by Christopher Schmitt
- �More Eric Meyer on CSS� by Eric A. Meyer
The Layout Guide
In the layout guide image you can see in red the numbers and in white the names that are in the �style.css� file. This way you have a visual idea of what you want to edit in the .css stylesheet.
This is my first work in .css styling. This means that errors, flaws, bugs whatever are likely to be seen. Please do not insult me for that.
You can donate to me with a simple thank you email!